Cod with Quinoa Explosion
Cod & Quinoa with Caramelized Red Onion, Bell Peppers, pineapple and Garlic. The Quinoa can be served hot or cold I personally I like it best cold it's full of protien and flavour, an excellent meat replacement for vegetarians and vegans.
- 6 cod fillets
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- 1 red onion diced
- 3 peppers diced
- 1-2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 3 cups of boling water
- 1 vegtable stock cube
- 3 courgettes
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and peppers; cook for 10 minutes or until the veggies are tender and golden brown.
- Spiralise your courgettes.
- Once the peppers and onions are tender and golden brown, add the minced garlic and stir constantly for 60 seconds.
- Boil the kettle at 3 cups to the stock cube then pour combine with the vegtable and quinoa and leave to reduce and soften it will take about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile add some coconut oil t a frying pan and cook the cod for approx 3 minutes each side and put the courgettes in the microwave for about 3 mins.
- Serve with a slice of lemon.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!